Thursday, October 13, 2011

Short and Sweet

"I have found that if you love life, life will love you right back."  ~Arthur Rubinstein

Came upon this quote today and it speaks volumes...it is all about appreciating the Wonder of All Things.  Imagine that!

OK, I saw this one today, too...

I dream of a world where the chicken can cross the road, and his motives won't be questioned.  (I don't know who wrote this one...probably the chicken...or his attorney.)

I thought the former would make a better post.  But the latter is worth a laugh, so maybe the balance works out perfectly?//

What's For Dinner Tonight?
Actually, I would rather talk about what was for lunch!  My grandma and I went for lunch at The Good Earth this afternoon after I took her to the doctor for her annual flu shot.  It is, by far, one of my favorite restaurants -- mostly vegetarian, organic, sustainable and all of that happy good earth stuff!

Acorn Squash soup was calling both of our names.  A little fall spice, creamy, with a sprinkling of toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) for that mellow, nutty flair.  Per usual, I didn't get a picture so you'll either have to go try it yourself or take my word for it.  AMAZING!  The little spinach salad with red pepper, mango, jicama and candied pecans wasn't too bad either ;)

(I've put in a request to Santa for a Smart Phone so I can crawl out of the stone age, try my hand at texting, and perhaps feel a bit more comfortable taking pictures in restaurants.  So do me a favor, if you see him, put in a good word.  Much obliged!)

No comments:

Post a Comment